Our Department History
Prior to 1963, Myanmar's oil industry was operated only by foreign companies. Among these companies, BOC Oil Company is one of the largest companies. After the nationalization of BOC Company on January 1, 1963 the oil industry became a state-owned enterprise. In March 1964, it operated under names People's Oil Industry (Pa Ra La). In March 1970, it operated under names such as Myanma Oil Corporation (M.O.C), and in 1989, the current name was changed to Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprises (M.O.G.E).
Managing Director Office
1. To assist the administrative activities of the Managing Director.
2. To manage and control the performance of respectiveOil and Gas fields.
3. To give instructions in order to issue, review and amend departmental policy, law and regulation.
4. To collect and manage the information and data distributionby ICT.
5. To perform internal auditing of the MOGE and overview the clarification of concerned department based on the Audit Report by Union Auditor General Office.
6. To manage in order to collaborate with Local and Foreign Oil and Gas Companies and Organizations.
7. To consolidate the statistic data or project done by concerned department under control of MOGE.
8. To directive and supervise the administration, human resources management, oil and gas operations such as the exploration, drilling, production and distribution sectors.
1. Supervising the activities of foreign oil companies which are contracted by Production Sharing Contract with Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise for the mutually beneficial cooperation.
2. Submitting the approval of foreign oil companies’ business issues to get the approval from Steering Committee.
3. Reporting the weekly, monthly, quarterly, half-year and annually status of PSC companies to government office and other ministries.
4. Submitting the approval of foreign oil companies’ period extension of the block and land lease issues to get the permission from Myanma Investment Committee.
5. Participating in onshore and offshore blocks’ tender, to formulate National Energy Policy, Conducting the policy and participating to formulate and amendment the petroleum law.
6. Supervising the operation of oil and gas exploration, production and distribution of Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise.
Exploration & Development Department
1. The Exploration & Development Department has the career of location the position of new exploration well in virgin area and development wells in existing oil and gas fields. This responsibility includes the acquisition of surface geological, geochemical and subsurface geophysical and identifying the possible location of hydrocarbon prospects and resources by evaluation of the all integrated G&G data and research work.
2. E&D department has responsibility to deploy drilling rig position. In addition, it has to estimate initial oil & gas reserves in place and its future recoverable reserves, to lay down the short- and long- term plans of geological and geophysical surveys, to plan new drilling program and production estimates.
3. To avoid the detriment to the country, E&D department steers and regulates the E&P activities of the international oil companies under PSC contracts and it has responsibility of technical cooperation together with PSC companies.
4. E&D department monitors and supervises the safety and EIA, SIA process of the test wells, fields and exploration operations.
5. It has responsibility to demarcate the area of oil and gas fields for official submission to the State.
1. Taking full responsibility to reach the target depth within time frame.
2. Supervise and guide the way to prevent the unexpected problems during Drilling Campaign.
3. Director (Drilling) has the responsibility to serve as Chairman of Technical Sub Committee.
4. Technical Sub Committee team have the responsibility to review and supervise for servicing jobs and tendering jobs which are operated by joint Venture Operators and the review results are reported in Management Committee Meeting to proceed in concern Offshore Work.
1. For New well testing; to install Christmas tree, flow line, separator, flare line, gas supply system, oil storage tank and necessary piping accessories to perform production testing. For Crude oil transfer; to collect individual wells’ production at cumulative tanks and transfer to refiner or barge loading.
2. For gas well; to separate oil and gas and gas supply to necessary factories and plants. If require to boost-up the gas pressure, it need to operate booster compressor, depend on the pipe line pressure and consumers’ require pressure. Gas supply system; to manage gas supply for gas turbine, gas engine generator, factories such as gas filtration, gas control, gas metering and safety.
1. To manage on installation, maintenance and repair of Mechanical, Electrical, Transport, Communication & IT, Pipeline, Construction and CNG Departments.
2. To supervise on Operations which are implemented with joint venture companies.
3. To manage on Engineering Departments’ Budget for every fiscal year.
4. To manage on engineering task in drilling rigs and oil field for smooth operation.
5. To manage on distribution of CNG and annual inspection of CNG vehicles and equipment.
6. To manage on engineering Staffs affairs.
(1) Carried out the task of administration and human resources management, and directorship of staff affairs and management.
(2) Arrange to participate in local and foreign training for staffs as well as to send scholar to abroad for future studies.
(3) Carried out the functions of public relations and information.
(4) To Scrutinize the task of oil field demarcation and security affairs, land and crop compensation affairs and land ownership assessment.
(5) Carried out the task of permitting and storage of explosive substances and related equipment.
(6) Land, housing and employee welfares services.
(7) Preventive and curative of health and social security services.
(8) Environmental conversation, cooperate social responsibilities and research and assessment including (EIA/SIA) and safety measures.
Material Planning Department
1. Carried out the tasks of purchasing, storage and distributing of material to oil field test well and pipe line project.
2. Carried out the tasks of purchasing material by FE and MMK to fulfill the requirement.
3. Carried out the tasks of permitting for import and export licenses and customs clearance for PSC companies.
1. Compiling Income/ Expenditure for the whole Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise.
2. Compiling and estimating Budget separating Revenue and Capital, Financial Management, Claiming Income.
3. Scrutinizing and making payment for expense, conduction audit books and account of Foreign Oil Company operation by contract with Myanma Oil and Gas Enterprise.
4. Compiling Audit Reports, making payment of Taxes and Income Tax and performing of loan taking and loan repayment.
5. Calculation Income and Expenditure, Operating Ration, Price and compiling Annual Financial Statement.
6. Conducting Staff Affairs.
Offshore Oil and Gas Department
1. Offshore Oil and Gas Department collaborate with respective oil companies of 51 Offshore Blocks, in order to perform oil and gas exploration, drilling, production, construction and installation activities within specific time frames.
2. Negotiation with authorized ministries to acquire work permit visa of expertise from foreign oil companies, and travel security of Vessels and Charters.
3. Ensure the optimized accomplishment of employee welfare, land acquisition and general affairs of offshore oil and gas companies.
Energy Policy Planning Department
1. To systematically control and manage in implementing the duties of the National Energy Management Committee.
2. To assign the duties and supervise.
3. To coordinate with Union Ministries and respective local and overseas institutions in implementing the tasks.
4. To control and manage to ensure the efficient expenditures of the energy policy planning department and energy saving and conservation.
5. To conduct the trainings to the staff.
6. To practice knowledge sharing.
(ပုံ-၁) ရခိုင်ကမ်းလွန် Block A-1 တွင် ရွှေသဘာဝဓာတ်ငွေ့ဖွံ့ဖြိုးရေး အဆင့်၂ ကမ်းလွန်တည်ဆောက်ရေးစီမံကိန်း
Phase-2 Development EPCIC (Offshore Installation) Project ဆောင်ရွက်နေသည့် DSV. Lichtenstein သင်္ဘောအား
(ပုံ-၂) မုတ္တမကမ်းလွန် Block M-9 တွင် NCB Drilling Rig ဖြင့်
(ပုံ-၃) မုတ္တမကမ်းလွန် Block M-9 တွင် E Drill-2 Drilling Rig ဖြင့်
(ပုံ-၄) ရခိုင်ကမ်းလွန် Block A-6/A-7/AD-1/AD-7/AD-8 တို့တွင် DDKG-2 Drilling Rig ဖြင့်
(ပုံ-၅) ရခိုင်ကမ်းလွန် Block A-1/A-3 တွင် သဘာဝဓာတ်ငွေ့ထုတ်လုပ်ရေးလုပ်ငန်းများဆောင်ရွက်နေသည့်
Shwe Drilling & Production Platform ကိုတွေ့ရပုံ